Industrial ladder applications range from exterior roof access on buildings, interior access to roof hatches and platforms, to complex systems on large structures such as grain silos or bridges. Check out our ladder accessories below to increase your ladder safety.
Due to modern designs most buildings have varying roof levels. Permanently fixed ladders allow workers to safely access these levels with ease.
Use a roof access ladder with a return when traversing walls, obstacles, or tall parapets.
Custom ladders are built for each installation location.
Our industrial ladders have a 20" rung width but can be custom sized anywhere between 16" and 24" as the project requires.
Rungs are attached with heavy duty, plug welded assembly.
Add on rung covers to increase tread in wet, oily, or icy conditions.
A ladder cage is required when the length of climb is 20 ft and greater above floor level.
Standard cage is 27" inside, but can be designed up to 30".
Sidestep for exit/entry onto platforms option is available.
When required, ladders are broken into sections for installation/shipping.
- 20" wide for walkthrough ladders.
- 18" wide for hatch ladders.
- Steel flat bar ladders:
- 2 1/2" x 3/8" side rails
- 3/4" solid round rungs
- Aluminum flat bar ladders:
- 3" x 1/2" side rails
- 1” solid round rungs
- Square tubing ladders:
- 1 1/2" side rails
- 1 1/4" square tube rungs
- Round pipe ladders:
- 1.9OD side rails
- 3/4" solid round rungs
- Other shapes and custom designs available.
- Cage begins 7' to 8' up from surface.
- Horizontal bands are max. 4' apart.
- 2" x 1/4" bands.
- 1 1/2" x 3/16" verticals.
- Cage to retrofit ladders available.
Ladder Top Egress
- 24" wide x 42" high walkthrough.
- Sidestep options.
- Grab bars - for use with roof hatches.
- Walkthrough to retrofit ladders available.
- Security doors - hinged or drop on.
- Locking cage hatch.
- Top walkthrough platform gate.
- Hot dip galvanized.
- Powder coating.
- Aluminum anodizing.
- Primer and enamel paint.
Increase safety by adding aggressive treads to your rungs for extra grip in oily, icy, or muddy conditions.
* These need to be welded on at time of manufacture
- 13 gauge galvanized steel
Also known as rail extensions, these are to aid the worker with safe entry and exit from the roof hatch.
American National Standard for Ladders - Fixed - Safety Requirements A14.3-2008
126.96.36.199 - Terminations with Hatches
Hatch openings shall be provided with a means to facilitate access and exit from a fixed ladder (i.e. Grab Bars or other such items that can be grasped by the climber).
Adding security with anti-climb devices helps prevent unauthorized access to restricted areas.
We manufacture our doors in two styles: hinged, best for new ladders, and lift off, most often for retrofits which are sold as supply only as well. All doors are 7 feet tall.
- 1/8" Aluminum or 14 gauge steel.
- Hooks on rungs at all four corners.
- Drops in place.
- Locks around rungs so no alterations to the ladder are necessary.
- Covers entire ladder, rungs and sides
- Can be added to some existing ladders.
- Optional combined door and cage hatch cover.
All ladders meet OSHA & ANSI standards.